What do I need to get started?
Diving with Independent Twins requires some specialized equipment. There are some BCD systems out there that can convert back and forth between single and double tank configurations - such as the Dive Rite TransPak harness system. These are the easiest to use since the diver does not have to bring additional equipment on a dive trip. The following equipment is also required or suggested when diving with independent twins in a wreck environment:
- Backplate - either Stainless steel, aluminum or ABS plastic
- Additional regulator for the additional tank
- Additional pressure gauge for the new regulator
- Independent Twins Bracket Kit
- Advanced duty lighting system - HID or Canister system is recommended
- Nitrox compatible computer
- Harness System (if the student's BCD is not capable of handling a backplate)
- Wings (if the student's BCD is not capable of handling a backplate)
- Nitrox Specialty Certification
- Wreck Diver Specialty Certification
If the student does not have his or her Nitrox and Wreck Diver certification, AZ Dive Training will assemble a package to provide a cost effective way to accomplish this in conjuction with Independent Twins training.
So what are you waiting for? Come experience the freedom of diving with Independent Twins. There is a world of wrecks and reefs waiting for you. Contact AZ Dive Training today and talk with them about the program, its benefits and how you can get started!
** AZ Dive Training is not training the student to perform decompression dives - they are simply educating the student in the proper operation of their computer and procedures, should an event beyond the diver's control reults in a decompression scenario.